report no.: 195
location: Tiergartenstrasse 4
1940–45: 'Euthanasie' Zentrale was situated at Tiergartenstrasse
The euthanasia programme was directed from part of the Berlin Chancellery complex code-named T-4 after the address 'Tiergartenstrasse 4'.
Richard Serra's sculpture 'Berlin Junction' (1987), originally
exhibited at the Martin Gropius Bau, bought by the Berlin Senate
(1988) and installed outside the Philharmonic Hall (at Tiergartenstrasse
4) as part of the 'Kunst in Stadtraum' programme of public sculputre
was later partly co-opted as a memorial for the victims of the T-4
programme. A plaque (1989) now reads 'Ehre den vergessenen Opfern'.